Re: htmldb

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:24:07 +0200

"pibru_at_tin.it" <pibru_nospam_at_tin.it> wrote in message news:4530c2ef$0$39889$4fafbaef_at_reader4.news.tin.it...
> My boss asks me to recreate 3 applications taken from the customer for an
> Application managment activity. This Application is made with htmldb.
> They give me :
> 1 export full of DB
> 1 static resource (gif, css, js ) for the application.
> How can I rebuild all ?
> DB is 10g 10.2 and htmldb is 2.0 ...
> for now ... I have :
> create an instance
> install oracle application server with apache
> install htmdbd_20.zip (it works !)
> import schemas
> From htmldb I created a workspace but I can see only sample application
> ... what am I missing ?
> thanks for all
> Paolo

A full export/import might work (never tried it myself), but the best way to migrate HTMLDB applications is to export/import the Workspaces and Applications from within the HTMLDB environment itself. Make sure you choose the correct character set during the application import or you might end up with corrupted characters.

Matthias Received on Sun Oct 15 2006 - 13:24:07 CDT