Re: newbie 2Ques- SQL procedure calling another proc and Select statement

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Oct 2006 07:00:26 -0700

shall_at_uaex.edu wrote:
> Ques.(1) How do I create a Select statement based on the input
> parameter?
> Example
> Create procedure myTest(myValue IN Number)
> Begin
> Select myFields
> From myTable
> IF myValue =1 Then
> WHERE somecondition
> ELSE
> WHERE another condition
> END IF;
>
> ====================================
> Ques(2) When inside ProcedureAA, How do I call ProcedureBB that's
> in another Package?
>
> TIA.
> Steve

  1. Look up Native Dynamic SQL in your PL/SQL reference manual. Warning: this approach scales badly
  2. The syntax -which is documented in the PL/SQL reference manual is <package name>.<procedure name>

Please stop abusing this forum as a replacement for reading manuals.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA