Connecting with C#, trying to use 'RETURNING'

From: <erich.keane_at_verizon.net>
Date: 10 Oct 2006 06:25:21 -0700

Ok, so I am attempting to retrieve a generated Primary Key from a query. Unfortunately, I am having a heck of a time getting the query to run.

The below is an example query, used mostly just to test the syntax: INSERT INTO "SYSTEM"."DEPT" ("DEPTNO","DNAME","LOC") VALUES ((SELECT nvl(MAX("DEPTNO"),1-1)+1 ),:DNameCol,:LOCCol) returning "DEPTNO" into :DEPTNOCol

The parameter :DEPTNOCol is set in C# (using Oracle.DataAccess) as an output parameter, but I still get the error: ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

This site implies that I am doing it correctly, but I really am quite stuck: http://www.remote-dba.cc/10g_65.htm

Any ideas/help would be grately appreciated. Received on Tue Oct 10 2006 - 08:25:21 CDT