Oracle 8.1.7.4 under windows config issue

From: jared <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 15:04:42 -0700

I am trying to set up multiple listeners under 8.1.7.4.1 running on Win2K.

I am getting this error starting up the second listener:

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

Failed to open service <OracleOracleqaTNSListenerLISTENER_FCSQA01>, error 1060.
Failed to create service, error 1078.
TNS-12536: TNS:operation would block
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00506: Operation would block
   32-bit Windows Error: 997: Unknown error

My environment was good, I had changed %ORACLE_HOME%, had a different EXTPROC key, etc., even added a TNS_ADMIN key to the second OracleHome and retried; so I checked Metalink. There I found what looked promising, DocID 273132.995, a forum thread. It advised:

"Try to find $OHTNSlistenerSID entry into register and alter the key ImagePath to valid folder. "

Allowing for the enterer's confusion on variable substitution under Windows, I did a search in the registry for every variation I could think of on this key name to no avail. Does anyone have an idea of what the poster was referring to?

TIA - Best regards,
jh Received on Mon Oct 09 2006 - 17:04:42 CDT