Re: user with administrative priviledges

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:14:42 +0200

fireball schreef:
> well, I 've found out (that is: 'grant DBA to user'), forgive my basic
> questions.

Forgiven. :)

The feedback is appreciated.

Back on track: why do you want this? SYSTEM is especially created for this purpose - all other work should be done by a normal user, that has just the privilege(s) needed to get the job done, no more, no less.

Be careful with the DBA role. Not only is it a role (which may raise questions when dealing with pl/sql), but not many DBA's allow that role to be given to any user, unless required for specials.
Try to stick to the above - grant whichever is needed, not more (like DBA).

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...