Re: I'll do my best to outline everything...

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 5 Oct 2006 08:04:15 -0700

Doug Jones wrote:
> I think I lost myself in the last question. Here is the error I am
> getting when I attempt to compile a package:
>
> Line # = 16 Column # = 3 Error Text = PL/SQL: Declaration ignored
> Line # = 17 Column # = 47 Error Text = PLS-00905: object SYS.LTADM is
> invalid
>

> I am compiling under the GUI.
>

> Doug Jones

You are top posting again.

I suggested running utlrp.sql command line via sqlplus then seeing if that cleared everything up.

To do this ( maybe you need step by step ).

Open a dos command window.

Change to the directory that contains the utlrq.sql script

Issue this command in the dos window ( set your ORACLE_SID perhaps if needed )

sqlplus / as sysdba

Then when you receive the connected message type in "@utlrq.sql".

Then see if the invalid objects are gone (see the query I gave you earlier ). Received on Thu Oct 05 2006 - 10:04:15 CDT