Re: I'll do my best to outline everything...

From: Doug Jones <dnetstore_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2006 08:19:06 -0700

>hpuxrac wrote:
> You are top posting again.

Sorry about that. Is this better?

> I suggested running utlrp.sql command line via sqlplus then seeing if
> that cleared everything up.

I am going to try running this now. What I am seeing is there must be something wrong with my recovery or my backup. Would this be a typical step (a required step) in recovering a database? What I would like to know is how did this happen and why. If this seems like a strange situation/error, I can simply "try again". This is all on a test machine and I can re-image and reinstall as many times as needed.

> To do this ( maybe you need step by step ).

Sadly, yes most times I will need a step by step. However, I understand that if you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. I had no idea on how to run that script, but I had already began finding that out. Thank you so much for being so willing to help me to the extent that you have.

Doug Jones Received on Thu Oct 05 2006 - 10:19:06 CDT