EXPLAIN Plan

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:41:08 GMT

Earlier today my manager sent an EXPLAIN PLAN to a number of us for help with a query. In the EXPLAN PLAN there was an INDEX RANGE SCAN which the off-site DBA said was caused by the table not being analyzed.

The INDEX RANGE SCAN was using an index - maybe not the one I'd expect but nonetheless was using an index on the table being EXPLAINED.

Am I missing something or does what the DBA not really make sense? Received on Mon Oct 02 2006 - 15:41:08 CDT