Re: Houston we have a problem.....

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 19:32:10 +0200

Doug Jones schreef:
> !!!ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS!!!
>
> For those of you who don't know, I am an Oracle neophite. Here is my
> task. Install Oracle on 2 machines. Backup machine 1 and restore to
> machine 2.
>
> Question: Do the two machines need to have the same directory structure
> and computer name?

No, no (same name?!? That would be impossible. In an organization with tcp/ip)
They do have to shae the directory (or -more general- the means), you backed up *to*.

I mentioned this earlier.

Posting machine details, like OS, would help. Posting your init.ora contents and rman commands would help tremendously!

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...