Re: Missing CPU time from 10046

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2006 00:24:11 -0700

> Ethereal (Wireshark) can be used on the client that is running the
> sqr.exe batch program to see if the batch program is trying to access
> some sort of a translation library on a remote machine before each SQL
> statement is processed. Such behavior might explain the 80% client
> side wait events.

Client (sqr) and server (oracle) are running on the same host. When you say 'translation libarary' do you mean character set transalation..?

> It is hard to say why the DB CPU figures are different than you are
> seeing at the OS level. The trace file parser that you used may have
> stripped recursive CPU usage time from the report - this would be
> generated by things that happen automatically in the database such as
> triggers firing, space management calls, etc. that may be a result of
> user initiated SQL.

I use tkprof with sys=no, but my understanding of this is that the resulting trace file won't display every piece of recursive SQL but It will still account for any recursive CPU at the end of the trace file in the summary section.

> Is this sqr.exe batch program by chance a reporting program for an
> equipment maintenance package?

No, its part of a Peoplesoft ERP package.

Thanks for your help.

Matt Received on Mon Oct 02 2006 - 02:24:11 CDT