Re: Missing CPU time from 10046

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 Oct 2006 04:51:05 -0700

mccmx_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> > The first question that I would have is what tool did you use to
> > interpret the trace data? Was it tkprof? Or the oracle OEM gui
> > kicking off something?
> >

> tkprof <file> <outfile> sys=no aggregate=yes waits=yes
> sort=prsela,fchela,exeela

Tkprof is better than it used to be but still has issues ... it's not exactly accurate in many cases.

Find and download the orarsp resource profiler is my recommendation. You can ditch the sys stuff for for each SQL statement in the file it breaks out time and oracle resources consumed by the "statement" as well as cumulative counts ( which include the time and waits doing the sys stuff ).

> > Finally, maybe there are some bugs in that version of oracle? You may
> > very well want to submit your question and the trace file in a service
> > request to oracle support.
>
> I've opened a call with Oracle to see if they can help me pinpoint the
> 'unaccounted' CPU.

I still recommend getting and reading Cary Millsap's book. It will help you drive through this debugging exercise to deeper understanding of exactly what is happening in your environment. Received on Mon Oct 02 2006 - 06:51:05 CDT