oracle and vmware

From: <nicolas.rolland_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2006 04:15:31 -0700

Hi,

We have at my workplace a 1 terabyte Oracle 9i database. It is currently running on a "big" solaris machine with 30Gb memory, and 20 processors.

This setup is obviously not very flexible for testing purposes, and we'd like to virtualize this environment, maybe with vmware.

Would anyone have any experience with that? What do you think are the minimum requirement for a 1 terabyte database?

Thanks for your advices ! Received on Sat Sep 30 2006 - 06:15:31 CDT