Re: 10g RAC and SRDF

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 28 Sep 2006 12:36:39 -0700

Talat wrote:
> All,
>
> Apologies for the double post.
>
> I've just had confirmation from someone within Oracle that not
> replicating the binaries and OCR to the DR nodes is the way to go.
>
> Cheers,
>
> T.

That makes sense to me. We have a similar environment except hpux and 9.2 ( so far ).

The machine that in a disaster would host production database runs the test database normally. We also have a separate install of oracle on both machines ...

We ( currently ) don't have to consider the oracle CRS implications but ( not for long ). At the moment, as you are going to do, for bringing up prod db on SRDF'd side, I also have to change information via srvctl. Received on Thu Sep 28 2006 - 14:36:39 CDT