Re: using sqlldr to extract the content of table to a file

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2006 11:45:12 -0700

gazzag wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
> >
> > Until you run into those rows where some of the data has commas... and
> > ampersands... and vertical bars... and unprintable characters...
> >
> > jg
> > --
> >

> My post was simply to show the OP the principle of how to achieve what
> they wanted using a tool readily to hand on any Oracle installation
> and, in any event, was more helpful than yours.

I'd agree with you, except I don't think it is entirely helpful to give a garden path as advice, when there are better examples available (like the asktom link previously posted). You would not have given misleading advice had you added some way of dealing with these issues, or at least pointed them out. So I pointed them out. That's the recursively correcting power of usenet. Apologies, I didn't really mean to offend.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.amiwrong.com/