Re: CRS started RAC instance automatically

From: <niamath.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2006 16:22:46 -0700

Below is the procedure we follow to shutdown the 10g 2 node RAC database on the Sun solaris. If you are not using the srvctl utility then you will need to shutdown manually everything on each server. Recomended method is to use srvctl utility as given below. This should help you.

$ $ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/crs_stat -t -v
$ srvctl stop service -d <database_name> -s <service_name>
$ srvctl stop database -d <database_name>
$ srvctl stop asm -n <node1_hostname>
$ srvctl stop asm -n <node2_hostname>
$ srvctl stop nodeapps -n <node1_hostname>
$ srvctl stop nodeapps -n <node2_hostname>
$ $ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/crs_stat -t -v