Re: CRS started RAC instance automatically

From: Scott <nospam_at_nomail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:54:13 -0400

I would say no that is not expected behaviour.

Normally if you shut down an instance gracefully it should stay down. You did shut it down with srvctl stop instance -d xxx -i xxx (correct?) The only time I have seen crs start something up automatically is when there has been a node eviction or a crash and crs will attempt to restart the instance.

I have not tried this but maybe you can srvctl disable instance -d xxx -i xxx
to stop it from starting unexpectedly. Or you may want to stop crs on node b
to ensure nothing starts ( /pathto startup scripts/init.d/init.crs stop ), when you start crs again it will start the database instance registered in crs. (make sure the db, asm, nodeapps are down first )

Hope that helps
Scott.