Re: SELECT DISCINT and CLOB -- can this be done (v9)

From: <matt_at_mailinator.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2006 15:43:42 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> is
> select * from v$version or looking at the logon banner in sql*plus
> when connecting straightforward enough?

that gives me several values. these appear the ones requested:

    PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.5.0
    CORE 9.2.0.6.0
    TNS for Linux 9.2.0.5.0
    NLSRTL 9.2.0.5.0 ...tho im not sure which of those may be the driver version.

> Sorry to be a bit sarcastic. You know where the *original* Oracle docs
> are located, don't you?

as for the docs, i dont have our org's original books, no. so ive tried searching online. ive found the Oracle links, but they are huge and difficult to navigate. www.techonthenet.com is easier, but i didnt find the syntax i was looking for.

as for the sarcasm, theres no need -- if you dont want to help, in a courteous manner, then dont. these forums are a reference & a tool, used to help people. i dont depend on them, i use them as a supplement. as i do my own research, im also checking this group. if somebody out there chooses to be helpful, and save us newbies time, he may do so. if people choose not to help, they may do that as well. but i dont owe you anything -- it is not my duty to know things that i do not know.

my areas of expertise are C# application programming, SQL Server, standards-compliant javascript, CSS, HTML, XML, and XSL. they are what i do very well -- not Oracle. if im on one of the C# groups, and somebody asks for help, i do one of two things: 1) ignore the person, or 2) help the person. if i choose to help, i dont then *guilt* the person im helping! whats the sense in it? this is because i understand that no one person can be a master of all fields. while a poster might seem clueless about things i find common, i realize it is likely that *he* is expert in things *i* am clueless about. thuse, usenet helps people out, and is an indespenible knowledge sharing tool.

so save the sarcasm.

thanks,
matt Received on Mon Sep 18 2006 - 17:43:42 CDT