Re: CLOB to VARCHAR2 -- (ver 9i)

From: <matt_at_mailinator.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2006 15:12:44 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:13266295515100393693::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:18909757644296

im not sure what youre referring to in that link. can you be more specific?

> Please *ALWAYS* post your version in ordet to get *accurate* answers
> and not waste peoples time.

i am confused -- does my "Subject:" line not say its version 9? it does for me.

> Oracle 8i, BTW, is desupported for more than a year.

but im not on 8. im using 9, according to the IT folks here. but a side note on the time frame -- big orgs can be *very* slow to upgrade database servers, for many valid reasons.

matt Received on Mon Sep 18 2006 - 17:12:44 CDT