Slow inserting LONG RAW data

From: <paul.wragg_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2006 02:15:44 -0700

Hi

I have a customer running 10.2.0.2.0 on Unix. They have a problem whereby saving any LONG RAW data to the database i.e. jpeg pictures that are above 32k causes a complete hang. It appears that the application and the database are still running but they end up having to kill the application.
To me this is quite a strange problem and I am not too sure where to start. I am currently studing for the first Oracle 10 exam so I am still unsure of a lot of the values and what they actually do etc. I have examined the tablespaces and I have created some that are identical but I cannot reproduce the problem myself. Note that I am using 10.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000 (I do not have quick access to the same as the customer and I could do with resolving this ASAP).

Can anybody suggest any areas that I should be looking at for this? I am sorry if there is not much info here I just really do not know where to start. I have not been able to find any info anywhere else about this.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Received on Fri Sep 15 2006 - 04:15:44 CDT