Re: TAF and FCF together ?

From: <kuassi.mensah_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2006 22:18:10 -0700

Hi Joe,

These are very good questions that anyone contemplating TAF should investigate..
I have discussed some of these in my book (chapter 7) and fairness towards those who bought it suggests that i only give the following summary:
a) things that TAF does well (transparently): connection failover and query resubmit (or query failover) - with performance penalty b) things that TAF does not do well (not transparent or does not work at all): rolling back active transaction, and failing over session states

As of 10g R2, FCF is bound to RAC while TAF may be used to failover single-instance sites (Data Guard); TAF may also be customized through its callback interface.

Hope this helps, Kuassi