Re: How many problems are people finding in 9208 patchset?

From: Marco Mischke <m.mischke_at_gmx.net>
Date: 14 Sep 2006 21:57:30 -0700

I had a neat experience the day before yesterday when I patched the first of our databases to 9.2.0.8. Since then a couple of queries won't work any longer, the throw now an ORA-979: not a group by expression. The queries are all of this kind:

select to_char(trunc(date_field,'hh'), ' yy/mm/dd'), <other fields> from <some tables>
where <some conditions
group by trunc(date_field,'hh')
order by trunc(date_field,'hh')

I raised a SR with Oracle for that and they immediately filed a bug for this.

removing the to_char() helps and I think it was working in the previous releases just by accident and the current behaviour is the right one. But changing something like this in a terminal release is quite tough... Received on Thu Sep 14 2006 - 23:57:30 CDT