Re: OEM

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 12 Sep 2006 09:34:43 GMT

JT <jt_at_spamspam.com> wrote:

>>> I am trying to reinstall OEM for Oracle 10gr2/Linux/32-bin or RHEL v4.
>>> When I performed the initial Database installation it failed with some
>>> invalid port error. It told me to reinstall later. How may I attempt the
>>> reinstall of OEM only?

> I am referring to OEM web based tool.
> I issued > emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create
> with no problems.
>
> I attempted to start OEM afterwards with:
> emctl start dbcontrol
>
> and got the following:
>
> OC4J Configuration issue.
> /u01/app/oracle/product/primary/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_192.168.1.20_mydbsid
> not found.
>
> The directory does not exist.

Are you sure that 'emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create' finished without problems? Did it ask you all the questions, take a long time, and told you it was happy and completed everything?

Because then the directory should exist.

Is there a SYSMAN user in your database? That is also created during setup.

If you already HAVE the SYSMAN repository in the database, the correct way to run emca should be

emca -config dbcontrol db -repos recreate

Hard to troubleshoot these things, sorry.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Tue Sep 12 2006 - 04:34:43 CDT