Re: OEM

From: JT <jt_at_spamspam.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:42:03 -0400

Laurenz Albe wrote:
> JT <jt_at_spamspam.com> wrote:

>> I am trying to reinstall OEM for Oracle 10gr2/Linux/32-bin or RHEL v4.
>> When I performed the initial Database installation it failed with some
>> invalid port error. It told me to reinstall later. How may I attempt the
>> reinstall of OEM only?
>>
>> PS The database and ISQL works well though.

> There are so many things that are called Enterprise Manager... :^(
>
> Do you mean the standalone web-based administration tool for your single
> database instance?
>
> If yes, you can use 'emca' to configure it, something like
>
> emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Thanks Laurenz,

I am referring to OEM web based tool.
I issued > emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create with no problems.

I attempted to start OEM afterwards with: emctl start dbcontrol

and got the following:

OC4J Configuration issue.
/u01/app/oracle/product/primary/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_192.168.1.20_mydbsid not found.

The directory does not exist.

Thanks Received on Mon Sep 11 2006 - 10:42:03 CDT