10.2 installation on 512meg of ram?

From: Ron <tachoknight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2006 08:05:56 -0700

Hi all-

I have a machine with 512 meg of ram (that's the maximum supported by the mb) that I want to install Oracle 10g.2 on. The installer is saying that it wants a minimum of 1gig, which I can't add simply because the mb/chipset won't support it.

Before I go and start the installation process (Linux), is it going to complain and stop, or is it more of a "performance will be terrible" sort of thing? I am installing it for dev/testing so it's not like there will be any kind of a load. At this point in time I'm happy with "eventually" performance so it's no big deal to me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron Received on Sat Sep 09 2006 - 10:05:56 CDT