Re: Views - performance

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 7 Sep 2006 00:27:32 -0700

Jeff User wrote:
> Thanks Dave
>
> I thought maybe there was a general do or don't do rule of thumb.
> It is V 9i on a Unix system. I don't even know any more than that
> about the system.
>
> There are many views that I am encountering and was considering
> re-writing some of them. I have managed to combine a few, but not sure
> if it is worth it. We are however, dealing with several hundred
> thousand records to around 1 to 1.3 million at a clip sometimes, so it
> is going to get more attention.

(Or maybe not, sometimes they just ignore top-posters.) Oh, and they will tell you don't top post.

Jeff - just post one or two (maybe snipped down) examples of the queries you think may be re-written. Will be much easier for people to then say if some general rule applies to your cases or if it would "depend" ...

cheers,
Martin Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 02:27:32 CDT