Re: Views - performance

From: Jeff User <jeff31162_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:29:54 -0400

Thanks Dave

I thought maybe there was a general do or don't do rule of thumb. It is V 9i on a Unix system. I don't even know any more than that about the system.

There are many views that I am encountering and was considering re-writing some of them. I have managed to combine a few, but not sure if it is worth it. We are however, dealing with several hundred thousand records to around 1 to 1.3 million at a clip sometimes, so it is going to get more attention.

Thanks for the reply.

Jeff