Re: LOCK_SGA

From: Simo Silmu <kalle_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 05:51:33 GMT

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1157517978.158888_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
> Simo Silmu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> have you used current parameter in 9i environment on Solaris or HP-UX
>> environment.
>>
>> We have a HP-UX server with many databases and one vendor recommends to
>> use it with their database.
>>
>> What are cons and dis for this vendors database and others.
>>
>> Cheers
>> SS
>
> What problem are you having?
>
> The vendor for what application is making this recommendation?
>
> How much RAM do you have on the server and how is it currently be used?
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> University of Washington
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group

Vendor is Siebel, and we or Siebel did performance evaluation and after that they recommended to set this parameter to TRUE. What they said is: When set to FALSE the SGA will get paged out of memory. This leads to poor performance for the Siebel database.

and total amount of RAM is 16GB. Currently used is less than 10GB

cheers
SS Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 00:51:33 CDT