Re: Oracle 7.3 for SCO UNIX

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2006 14:42:52 -0700

Steve Howard wrote:
> frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > - did you do xhost +?
> > - does xclock work?
> > - do you have access to /tmp and /etc?
> > - did you create a special Oracle user, or do you try this as root?
> > Trying this as root is an extremely bad idea!
>
> IIRC, you wouldn't have needed x* prior to 8.0.?, as it was a text
> based installer.

Install manuals available at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/oracle7.html

You had your choice of motif or character based on some platforms. I vaguely recall dealing with motif on VMS as well as various unix in the 7.1/7.2 timeframe. Of course, I don't trust my memory very much, unless I'm installing on the same platform every day.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.thehumanmarvels.com/