Re: Oracle 7.3 for SCO UNIX

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2006 14:26:48 -0700

anuttam wrote:
> I'm trying to install 7.3 on Openserver 5, and all I'm getting is the
> following:
>
> Performing Oracle 7 Workgroup server installation
> A problem ocurred with the Oracle Installer. Try reinstalling it from
> distribution media. Or you can provide the following message to Support
> to debug the problem:
>
> User Interface failure:Window system startup
> Installation cancelled...
>
> cp cannot access /tmp/wgs-ows.ora: no such file or directory (error 2)
> chmod : WARNING: cannot access /etc/wgs-ows.ora: No such file or
> directory (error 2)
>
> ./wgstart.sh: /orainst: does not exist
>
> I am installing from and xterm window and from the install CD. If
> anyone has seen this please post

Vague memories:

Are you sure X is supported? Maybe you need motif?

Which installation instructions are you using? Are you following the readme files?

Is anything written to the install.log?

Have you tried using the installer to create a staging area?

Who are you logged in as?

I don't know about your platform, I recall some platforms required you to create a directory to mount the cdrom to, then you had to make some sort of links to make the files look right... What commands are you using to mount the cd? What does an ls -l show you?

Did you make any kernel modifications?

What are your settings for ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_TERM, ORACLE_SID, SRCHOME, TMPDIR, ORACLE_PATH, TWO_TASK and PATH? umask?

What directory are you in when you start the installation?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://lauren.vortex.com/