DBMS_EPG Dependencies

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2006 08:14:22 -0700

Hello,

On oracle-base.com there is a great article on using the PL/SQL gateway using the package DBMS_EPG
(http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/dbms_epg_10gR2.php). What this enables is the creation of modest web interfaces without having to install the HTTP Server from the compnaion disk.

Though I have scoured the Oracle 10g docs I have not been able to answer these conclusively:

  1. When installing the Oracle 10g R2 product are there any particular components that must be selected to use the DBMS_EPG package and corresponding embedded web server with PL/SQL?
  2. When creating a database are there any particular options via the DBCA that must be enabled to use the DBMS_EPG package and corresponding embedded web server with PL/SQL?

Thanks very much for you advice,

Michael Received on Sat Sep 02 2006 - 10:14:22 CDT