"*." prefixes init.ora parms???

From: Charles Davis <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:06:47 -0400

Hello, all.

I've been through Oracle docs on tahiti.oracle.com and I could not find the answer to this question.

A vendor-supplied software package came with its own init.ora file in which every parm is prefixed with star-dot in column 1, such as '*.db_files = 200', without the quotes, of course.

What is the star-dot doing here, since Oracle started up just fine with it.

Many thanks!..

Charles Received on Sat Sep 02 2006 - 10:06:47 CDT