Re: Encrypt Data 10G environment!

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2006 20:49:06 -0700

Simo Silmu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what possibilities you see in questioning of data encryption.
>
> I have 10G database and customer wants to encrypt a certain columns in
> certain table.
>
> rgds
> SS

You can use dbms_crypto to encrypt. You can probably set some trigger so when that column is inserted or updated, encrypted data is saved. Data in that column will be shown as encrypted when doing any selects (unlike TDE of 10gR2).

If you ever have to process data as decrypted inside your code you can use dbdm_crypto to decrypt. Received on Wed Aug 30 2006 - 22:49:06 CDT