Re: high through put system

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:31:47 GMT

<vissuyk_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> We have a Servlet application that has to process 10K requests per
> second. In every request, we need to perform one lookup and one insert
> operation. The data size per select/insert is about 1K (makes up one
> row).

That would depend on what kind of system you have.

What do you run servlets on?
Are they running on a separate machine from the database?

> We are using Oracle 10.2. We are no where near the needed through put.
> How can we scale this application?. Any suggestions are appreciated.
> Any proven patterns will be very much appreciated. We are going to have
> RAC too (soon), but this wont add to the tyhroughtput, I see it is a
> increasing the availability.

You need to be more specific about what is not scaling up and how the throughput is measured. There are may factors that can affect your throughput. Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 09:31:47 CDT