high through put system

From: <vissuyk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2006 22:42:44 -0700

Hi All,

We have a Servlet application that has to process 10K requests per second. In every request, we need to perform one lookup and one insert operation. The data size per select/insert is about 1K (makes up one row).

We are using Oracle 10.2. We are no where near the needed through put. How can we scale this application?. Any suggestions are appreciated. Any proven patterns will be very much appreciated. We are going to have RAC too (soon), but this wont add to the tyhroughtput, I see it is a increasing the availability.

ANy thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Vissu Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 00:42:44 CDT