Re: redirect listener log

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:54:03 +0200

astalavista schreef:

>> What version of Oracle?  How is the log directory being "redirected?"
>>
>> You can point the listener to write the log to any location that your
>> account desires.  It would be the directory and log file permissions
>> that would count, not the location itself.

> Thanks,
> I meant if somebody can rediret listener.log
> after some manipulations
> he can access the database with DBA right
> but I dont't understand how ?

You heart the bell ring, but do not know where it hangs (or similar, I try to transform a Dutch saying here).
It's about redirecting the traffic, and inserting TCP/IP packets when a logon is ongoing.

Patched in the January CPU, René Nyffenegger and Pete Finnigan wrote about it. Here's René's article: http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/blog/2006/01/24.php, for completeness, here's Pete's:
http://www.petefinnigan.com/weblog/archives/00000699.htm

--
Regards,