Re: redirect listener log

From: Ian M <me_at_NOSPAM.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 17:42:23 +0200

"astalavista" <nobody_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:44e87c82$0$27367$636a55ce_at_news.free.fr...
>> What version of Oracle? How is the log directory being "redirected?"
>>
>> You can point the listener to write the log to any location that your
>> account desires. It would be the directory and log file permissions
>> that would count, not the location itself.
> Thanks,
> I meant if somebody can rediret listener.log
> after some manipulations
> he can access the database with DBA right
> but I dont't understand how ?

Knowing how to do this will not make you any more secure, what matters is this can be done and the level of security impact depends on both the OS type and the Oracle version/patch level.

It is most important that you activate admin restrictions on your listener(s) to remove some of the remote vulnerability, some DBA's also suggest using a password on the listener but from testing it seem that admin restrictions stop most valid issues.

Regards,
Ian. Received on Sun Aug 20 2006 - 10:42:23 CDT