Re: redirect listener log

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:37:41 GMT

astalavista wrote:

>> What version of Oracle?  How is the log directory being "redirected?"
>>
>> You can point the listener to write the log to any location that your
>> account desires.  It would be the directory and log file permissions
>> that would count, not the location itself.

> Thanks,
> I meant if somebody can rediret listener.log
> after some manipulations
> he can access the database with DBA right
> but I dont't understand how ?

This type of security hole typically exploits some buffer overrun or the like. I have not heard of this sort of exploit related to the listener log, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. However, in order for someone to be able to do this, they would need to be able to access your database server before they could redirect the listener log. Which means you have bigger problems.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net