Re: Serialization issue on Oracle 10g

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:40:44 GMT

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:05:09 +0000, Bob Jones wrote:

> It is rather the collective intelligence of ineffciency with unnecessary
> complexity. People who drop tables without thinking are likely to purge
> without thinking.

Of course. But it allows pointing of fingers and laughing. It's on the same level as those infamous warning signs such as "Do not use this electric hair dryer in the bathtub." or "Warning, hot coffee may scald." and "This child's toy contains small parts. Keep out of reach of children."

One of my standard lines (when I teach Oracle courses) is that the new flashback capabilities compensate for the 'Britanney Spears user'

   ... you know the one who comes up to the DBA 1/2 hour before lunch and    says "Oops, I did it again. I deleted all the data and committed. I'm    going lunch now but the boss wants the report using that data right    after I'm back. It's your database - please fix it."      <copyleft Fuzzy Greybeard <g>>

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!