Heterogenous Service much slower in Oracle 9 than in Oracle 8

From: Ray Saltrelli <reymundo514_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2006 11:05:55 -0700

My database allows users to query data external to Oracle using Heterogeneous Services' OLE interface. I had a query that did 4 joins on this external data that would complete in roughly 10 of 15 minutes in Oracle 8.1.7.4. Now that I am using Oracle 9.2.0.6, the same query on the same data takes almost 2 hours! I have been able to determine that the bottle neck is in Oracle but I do not know where or how. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is anything I can do about it? Thanks. Received on Thu Aug 17 2006 - 13:05:55 CDT