Re: How to find out concrete ORACLE_HOME via SQL?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:04:42 GMT

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:33:33 -0700, nitelyjoy wrote:

> Our problem is to calculate the location of the password files
> "?/dbs/orapw<SID>.ora" (unix) and "?/database/orapw<SID>.ora" (windows)
> respectively. We didn't find these values in v$parameter or similar
> either.

SQL> show parameter spfile

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
spfile                               string      /oracle/product/10g/dbs/spfile
                                                 10G.ora
SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options $

That should reveal the value of $ORACLE_HOME. Of course, if you insist doing it through SQL, you can always do this: SQL> select value from v$parameter where name='spfile';

VALUE

/oracle/product/10g/dbs/spfile10G.ora
--
http://www.mgogala.com