Re: create dynamic variables

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:12:12 -0700

mgmonzon wrote:
> I'm working in a payroll application where the user can implement any
> rule of calculation using a formula definition page.
> The actual application make the calculation using a program created in
> VB and we want eliminate all the VB code in order to make the
> application transportable.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mgmonzon

Apparently the country you live in is one in which you are not subject to laws such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, FACTA, Basel II, PIPEDA, etc.

In this country what you describe, except for a very small company or a public organization would be a violation of the law.

That said ... there is still nothing in what you've written that requires specifically named variables. You might want to reconsider what you are doing but also look at the ANYDATA variable type. You can find a demo of its usage in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington