Auditing

From: Ed_Zep <ed_zep_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2006 08:24:16 -0700

Hello. I'm looking into auditing the following:

I know that I can either use the o/s or aud$. However, they both have their disadvantages as far as I can see.

I'd prefer to use AUD$ but would rather not move this to another tablespace, as Oracle don't support it.

The OS just creates lots of small files, which is based on process ID. A file per day would be better (ok, it's a shell script there).

Was just wondering what other folks do re auditing.

We're on RH Linux 3.0 and Oracle 9.2.0.6.

Thanks in advance.

Ed. Received on Wed Aug 09 2006 - 10:24:16 CDT