Re: Oracle on Windows

From: Uri Dimant <urid_at_iscar.co.il>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:33:40 +0300

Thanks to everyone.

Martin

>Your start menu entry for Oracle should contain a bunch of entries ...
>In 9i2 there was the Enterprise manager Console ... in 10XE there's a
>http-interface -- I guess 10g will have some administration interface?

Yep , I got it by using Start-Menu -Windows Assistance ( or something like that ,i'm at work right now) and see the databases Right click on the database and the Connect to the db. But where is the tables,viws, sorry I'm SQL Server DBA and just starting to learn Oracle , so please forgive me those questions

>9i2 Created 9 Services on this box here - 3 of which are actually
>running. :-)

>For 1000 Database instances there would be more like 2+1000 processes
>on windows.

So, if I delete the db , the 3 services will be deleted as well?

Thanks