Re: Oracle on Windows

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 9 Aug 2006 05:16:40 -0700

Uri Dimant wrote:
> (...)
> tables,viws, sorry I'm SQL Server DBA and just starting to learn Oracle , so
> please forgive me those questions

Doc library:
http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/homepage

Concepts Guide:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/toc.htm

Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/install.102/b14316/toc.htm

> >9i2 Created 9 Services on this box here - 3 of which are actually
> >running. :-)
> >For 1000 Database instances there would be more like 2+1000 processes
> >on windows.
>
> So, if I delete the db , the 3 services will be deleted as well?

If you delete the database, the OracleService<SID> windows service should be deleted (not sure if this will really happen)

best,
Martin Received on Wed Aug 09 2006 - 07:16:40 CDT