Re: Solaris 10 System Boot and Database Startup

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2006 19:35:03 -0700

Bob,

Thanks for the response.

>> If you can start it manually, then your script is working. You just need to
make sure the script is run after the network in your boot process.

BINGO! :-) ...but where is that in Solaris 10?

In Solaris 8 know it is controlled via the proper rcn.d run level dir (rc2.d and rc3.d etc.) and the appropriate Snn link in the rc.n directory to your script (/ect/init.d/dbora). So S10StartNetworkStuff then S99StartOracle would do the trick.

I could be wrong, but I think the rules have changed in Solaris 10.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Michael42 Received on Sat Aug 05 2006 - 21:35:03 CDT