Re: Solaris 10 System Boot and Database Startup

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 03:02:48 GMT

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 19:35:03 -0700, Michael42 wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>

>>>  If you can start it manually, then your script is working. You just need to

> make sure the script is run after the network in your boot process.
>
> BINGO! :-)
>
> ...but where is that in Solaris 10?

Slowaris 10 changed the architecture and now has "services", like another OS, sold by a company from Redmond, WA, whose name is uttered only with utmost fear and terror. I'm afraid that Saruman has sold out. Forget about /etc/init.d and the classic beauty of a full-blooded Unix.

--
http://www.mgogala.com