Re: Quick sqlplus cr/lf question

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2006 15:55:37 -0700

> set pagesize 0
>
> And if that doesn't do it you need to better explain what you want.

Dan:

Thanks for the pointer to pagesize 0; at least I can see what is having the unexpected effect.

Basically, I have a script which:

-Truncates a reporting table
-Populates a reporting table (via some generated scripts which are then
called via '@')
-Assigns some column header formats;
-Selects data from the reporting table as a report.

What I want to see is:
-Headers, as coded;
-No page breaks every 50 or so lines, where the headers are repeated;
-no cr/lf between my comment (from dual) lines.

What I'm finding is:

No pagesize 0:
-Headers work - good
-Pagebreaks appear - bad
-Comments are double-spaced - bad

Pagesize 0 or any other value, like 200:
-Headers do not appear - bad
-No pagebreaks - good
-Comments are single-spaced - good

I just don't see why a pagesize setting should break column headers _and_ affect line spacing. But hey, I'm just a working stiff.

I'll keep mucking with it. My script, for interest's sake, is: