Re: Quick sqlplus cr/lf question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 07:41:39 +0200

On 3 Aug 2006 15:55:37 -0700, "BD" <robert.drea_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>What I'm finding is:
>
>No pagesize 0:
>-Headers work - good
>-Pagebreaks appear - bad
>-Comments are double-spaced - bad
>
>Pagesize 0 or any other value, like 200:
>-Headers do not appear - bad
>-No pagebreaks - good
>-Comments are single-spaced - good
>
>I just don't see why a pagesize setting should break column headers
>_and_ affect line spacing. But hey, I'm just a working stiff.

The generic settings for a clean generated script are set feedback off -

      pagesize 0 -
     newpage 0

I would also make sure you have chr(10) on sensible places in the statements you generate, so you don't need set line 2000

But better still I would
- convert this to PL/SQL (no intermediate files needed anymore) - why I would need this, and can't query the datadictionary directly, instead of trying to get more redundant work on my neck.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA