Logging of DBA activity for SOX

From: <SteveT68_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 05:23:08 -0700

Hi Guys,

I am not an Oracle DBA, but have been challenged with implementing a logging solution for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.

What we would like to do is log all activity on the database by the Informix DBA's. In particular, we would like to include log on/off activity, plus all scripts run by the DBA during their connection.

As you will see from the above, I am no expert, more of a server background with minimal DB skills! What I am after is some background info, to help me
guide the DBA's in order that they do not just tell me "it can't be done".

Our Log collection tool, will be Network Intelligence enVision, which supports logs from syslog, or ftp of text files from a server, or ODBC connection to a table in the DB.

By the way, we have similar challenges with Informix and SQL!

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Steve Received on Mon Jul 31 2006 - 07:23:08 CDT