Re: could RMAN backup different platforms?

From: <peterstibbons_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 00:44:55 -0700

Andreas Piesk skrev:

> Hi,
>
> i'm already backing up several RACs. to utilize all nodes the backup is
> peformed by a non-RAC server which allocate channels to the RAC nodes
> and transfers the backupsets to a TSM system. works great so far, for
> linux. now i want to to the same with RACs on AIX. do i need a non-RAC
> server running AIX to perform the backup for the AIX RACs or can the
> linux server do the job? to make it short:
>
> can rman on AIX back up databases on linux and vice versa? any links,
> notes, etc. are welcome.
>
> or is my setup silly and there's a better way to do it?
>
> regards,
> -ap

Hi,

Yes you can use the Linux machine to backup the AIX RAC. I'm doing the exact same thing here: 9i & 10g RAC's (and single instance db's) on AIX,HP-UX, Linux, Windoze are being backed up by a 10g Recovery Catalog on Linux and then sent to TSM. I've had no problems whatsoever.

hth
/P Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 02:44:55 CDT